Updated June 4, 2018
Table of Contents
- Information You Provide to Us
- How We Get Data About You
- What We Use Your Data For
- Who We Share Your Data With
- Your Rights
- Updates & Contact Info
Information You Provide to Us:
Contact and registration information - In order for you to enroll in a class, you need to sign up and create your account with us. In doing so, we collect and store required information that you provide like your name and email address.
User Passwords - In order to secure your account we request that each user provide their password. Your password is stored as encrypted data and we cannot identify the said passwords. Should recovery is needed, users must undergo password rest procedure through the user provided email.
Other information you provide - This includes optional information such as country where you are residing and your birthday.
Shared Content - Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews on a course page and asking or answering questions. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
Course Data - When you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses you are enrolled in, exchanges with instructors and other students;
Affiliate payment data - If you are an affiliate, you provide us with your bank account details such as the bank name, account name, account number and your mobile number.
Instructor payment data - If you are an instructor, you provide us with your bank account details such as the bank name, account name, account number and your mobile number.
Information from Third Party Sources
We may receive information about you from third parties, partners or our service providers such as:
- Public Information: from publicly and commercially available online or offline sources, as permitted by law including demographic information, purchasing data, membership in loyalty programs or information about advertisements you have seen or acted upon, including your interaction with advertisers’ products and services.
- Social Media Information: If you visit the The Bailiwick Academy on a device on which you also use social networks or if you interact with us through a social media service or other platform, we may have access to some information you provide to that social network or platform such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, and the people/sites you follow.
How we get data about you:
Personal information is gathered upon sign up through the sign up form. As stated these includes required information and optional information you may provide. Other information are the course data to which you signed up for and affiliate data should you decide to participate in our affiliate program.
For instructors, personal information will be gathered through the sign up process. Instructor and affiliate payment information will be requested through a web form. This shall be available upon tagging of user as an instructor by us.
Information from third party providers such as Google and social media sites are generated in their respective websites in the form of data or analytics of The Bailiwick Academy site traffic, interaction of advertisement, interaction of social media posts and the likes. Information are based on the activities of users on Google and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and is not imported or stored at The Bailiwick Academy.
What we use the data for:
We use the information you have provided to us for the following
Bailiwick Academy services:
- Responding to requests, suggestions and inquiries;
- Technical and customer service concerns;
- Sending of announcement, promotions, upcoming classes, maintenance schedule, surveys and other important messages related to the service we provide.
- Survey generation for the services we provided or services you might want in the future.
- Understanding usage of services to improve overall user experience.
- Entries into promotions or raffles.
- Password recovery. We shall use your information to recover your account through the email and data you have provided.
Personalize User experience
- Providing you with information and advertisements based on your activities and interests.
- Creating and updating classes based on your user information.
- Modify The Bailiwick Academy and other social media pages based on user information.
- Provide complimentary class or information in the Bailiwick Academy site and social media pages to help or inspire you based on your data.
- Provide information on possible class or service you may need or want.
- Sending you announcements, news letters, articles or other information which might help or supplement your classes.
Identify Devices or Browsers and associate information with your profile:
- Match service providers, advertisements and device information to match advertisements and cookies using data gathered through The Bailiwick Academy.
- Matching devices with your user account to provide access to the services you have acquired.
- Matching interests for all device.
- Using of information for analytics and reporting for improvement of overall user experience.
Fraud Prevention and defending our legal rights:
- Protection and security of all users.
- Enforcing the Terms Of Our Service
- Prevention of fraudulent and potentially illegal activities.
Who we share your data with:
- Instructors - we share your name and email address to all class instructor you signed up with.
- Other users and instructors - we provide your public profile only upon request of your comments or class reviews.
- Law Enforcement Agencies - we provide Law Enforcement Agencies upon request for legal proceedings, investigation or as requested by law.
All users have rights around the use of their data. Users have the right to be removed as recipients of promotional emails or other mailing lists. You may update or terminate your account from The Bailiwick Academy as per request through [email protected]. Parents of users whom we have unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting said information.
Cookies are text files stored by your browser from the internet. They can be used to store, collect and share data about your activities in the internet including The Bailiwick Academy and any of our social media pages. Cookies are also used to store information about your visit to any websites including The Bailiwick Academy and its pages to make the site easier to use. We use the following cookies only for the specified purpose:
- Session Cookies - these are cookies which expire in a short time or after closing the browser. We use session cookies for identification after logging into The Bailiwick Academy.
- Persistent Cookies - these are cookies which are used to identify you for a longer period such as auto fill up of user name and password.
Updates and Contact Info:
All material change or updates to this policy shall be announced to all users via email, The Bailiwick Academy website and other means as required by law. Changes become effective on the day of posting or as announced. Any queries or disputes to such changes can be addressed to [email protected]